100 minutes of liberation music — for Earthlings! We dedicate this special extended episode to all the activists who keep making connections and fighting to end commodification, captivity, torture, and needless slaughter. In this show, we keep the focus on the plight of nonhuman animals, the earth in crisis, and power of speaking out and taking action.
Listen to this show here!
This week we say hello to Canadian Vegan musician Alissa White-Gluz of the band Arch Enemy, and goodbye to one of our producers/hosts: Jenni Rempel.
Alissa gives us the inside story on her thoughts about veganism, animal activism, her career in music, and her transition to the role of lead singer for Arch Enemy. Check our their new album War Eternal and catch them on tour!
We also feature lots of Canadian Vegan Musicians including:
- Looking Back and Forward: Mercedes Arn-Horn of Courage My Love
- VXV: The Vegan Straight Edge Show
- How to Become an Animal Rights Intern
- Of All the Veg Fests in the World
- Halloween Horrors and Hoopla: Lucas Solowey of Mercy For Animals Canada; and Burlesque Stars Anja Keister, Bettina May and Lana de L’Amour
- Animal Rights is a Laughing Matter: Featuring Myq Kaplan and Zach Sherwin
- Fashion Week: Joshua Katcher and Tara-Lee Gardner
You can listen to all of Jenni’s previous episodes here!
This show aired LIVE on Friday, November 7th from Noon to 1 PM PST on 100.5FM and at coopradio.org.
In light of the undercover investigation at the dairy facility in Chilliwack, and the announcement that Enbridge’s Northern Gateway has been approved, we thought it would be a good time to check in with acclaimed independent journalist, Will Potter (Green Is The New Red). We talk “eco-terrorism”, activist repression, ag-gag, drones, movement building, and more!
On today’s show we feature interviews with two women who have worked their way to the forefront of the vegan scene in Canada. First, Dreena Burton, a Vancouver mother who released her fourth cookbook earlier this year. Second, Jo-Anne McArthur, an award-winning photojournalist whose aim is to help viewers see empathetically, through the eyes of the non-human animals that humans use & abuse.