Where: Large covered picnic area at John Hendry (Trout Lake) Park, or nearby it on the grassy area. Look for the Animal Voices and RawBC banners prominently displayed. Entrance at East 19th Avenue @ BC Parkway. This is at the South end of the park, near the washrooms/concession/
When: Sunday, September 16th, 2012 at 5:30pm. Note: we are rescheduling to this date due to rain in the forecast on the originally scheduled Sept.9.
We are teaming together with RawBC to bring to you an end-of-summer outdoor potluck celebration. All are invited to attend, and we encourage an environment that is welcoming and respectful of people of all eating lifestyles, gender/sexual orientations, sizes, races/cultures, and ages (family friendly!).
This is an animal-friendly event, and we ask that each person brings a vegan dish serving 8 to share (free of all animal parts & stuff, including dairy, eggs, honey and gelatin) with a serving utensil, plus a plate, cup and cutlery for your own meal. Please bring an ingredients list for your dish, and be sure to note whether it is a raw dish. Bringing raw food is encouraged! If you don’t have time to prepare a dish, we suggest that you bring some fresh fruit, which is always enjoyed in the summertime! Or, no food, no problem – come anyways! Please bring a blanket or chair to sit on, as we may be situated on the grass. (we will try to rebook the covered picnic area) Musical instruments and frisbees, balls, etc. are also welcome!
There will be a fundraising raffle as well, with lots of prizes, so please bring your loonies and twoonies! Tickets will be $1 each or $5 for 6. Here is the list of prizes that we will be drawing for:
- Pink bicycle for a 2-3 year old
- Assorted vegan food gift basket, donated by Edward & Sons, and Foods Alive!
- Raw flax cracker and chia seed gift basket, donated by Foods Alive!
- 5.5lb bag of V-dog vegan dog food
- FroBo cold water bowl for companion animals
- Gift certificate for Eternal Abundance restaurant
- Gift certificates for Gorilla Food restaurant
- Gift certificate for vegan cupcakes at Fairy Cakes
- Kitten t-shirt + a dog cloth bag
- Silver tote bag + a Vegetarian Journal magazine
- 2 Zimt organic, raw vegan chocolate bars
- Coffee and tea gift package
- Assorted tea gift package
- Hand-painted ceramic bracelet
- Baby Lynx framed photograph
- Brown rose change purse + a Go Vegan button
- “Ani’s 15 Day Fat Blast” book by Ani Phyo
- “The Inspired Vegan” cookbook by Bryant Terry
- “Becoming Vegan” book by Brenda Davis & Vesanto Melina
- “Help Yourself” by Dave Pelzer + “Surrendering to Yourself” by Iris Krasnow books
Thank you to our prize sponsors:
- Book Publishing Co.
- Da Capo Lifelong Books
- Edward & Sons
- Eternal Abundance
- Fairy Cakes
- Foods Alive!
- Gorilla Food
- Zimt Artisan Chocolates
For any questions about the potluck, please send us an email. And if you like, you can also rsvp here or here, and see who else is coming!