Celebrate a 4th annual vegan Compassionate ThanksLiving Potluck this year by partaking in this feast of thanks and bounty.
Build community and share delicious nourishment with like-minded people. Socialize with new and old friends over a selection of live musical entertainment.
All are welcome to attend!
Date: Monday, October 13th, 2014
Time: 5:30-8pm (doors open at 5:30, eat at 6:15pm)
Location: Oakridge SDA Hall, 5350 Baillie Street, Vancouver (close to Skytrain & bus routes. Free parking in the back parking lot.)
This is an animal-friendly event, so bring a vegan dish with at least 8 servings (no dairy, eggs, fish, honey, gelatin, whey/casein, or other byproducts). Make sure to bring a plate, cup, and cutlery for yourself, and a serving utensil for your dish (and a bag for your dirty dishes). If you’re not a cook or are pressed for time, no worries! Sharing store-bought food or a non-alcoholic drink (juice, non-dairy milk, coconut water, etc.) is fine. Please bring an ingredients list for your dish, and please let us know if your dish is raw or gluten-free.
210 people attended last year, and we are planning for at least as many this year! It is a family-friendly event, so please bring your loved ones.
We will have live musical entertainment throughout the event. Our musical performers will be: Susan Edwards and Hans Krebs playing piano duets, singer and guitarist Sinead Sanders, and singer and guitarist Jenni Rempel!
This event will feature a fabulous RAFFLE fundraiser. Please bring some $ for a chance to win some amazing prizes! (see prize list below)
Entry is $5 at the door, and this helps to cover the costs in putting on this event. Proceeds will be donated to the local groups Animal Voices and Liberation BC. Food leftovers will be donated to Food Not Bombs Vancouver.
Thank you to the following event sponsors: Animal Voices, Anti-Vivisection Society of BC, Laura-Leah Shaw, Nature’s Path, Me & You Body, V-dog, Gardein, and the Oakridge Seventh Day Adventist Church.
There is a special entrance for wheelchairs leading from the right side of the parking lot straight into the hall. The accessible washroom (doorway measuring 27″ wide) is located one level up. Don’t hesitate to ask a volunteer for any assistance needed.
To RSVP to this event, visit here and here. However, no rsvp is required – just come!
Here’s a sneak peak of the raffle prizes that will be up for offer:
- Gift basket of Vega health supplement products – $150 value
- Earthsave Canada Gift Package: one year individual membership to Earthsave Canada, plus Dr. Neal Barnard’s 5 books “Dr. Neal Barnard’s Program for Reversing Diabetes”, “The Best in the World I, II and II: Healthful Recipes from Exclusive and Out-Of-The-Way Restaurants”, and “Foods That Fight Pain” – $136 value
- 2 hour Kitchen (healthy eating) workshop from Feed Life – $125 value
- Two Vegan Food Gift Baskets
- Sweet Tooth Gift Package: 3 bars of Zimt Artisan vegan, raw, organic chocolate + $10 gift card to Edible Flours vegan bakery
- 1 vegan pumpkin cheesecake
- Giant plush teddy bear
- $25 gift card for Choices Markets
- Meal for 2 ($35) gift certificate for Eternal Abundance vegan restaurant
- Two $25 gift certificates for Graze vegan restaurant
- Gift certificate for Fairy Cakes vegan bakery
- $20 gift certificate for Tera V Burger veg restaurant
- Me & You Body vegan soap & deodorant gift package
- “Vegans Have Good Hearts” t-shirt + $15 gift card to Nice Shoes vegan shoe store
- Fur Bearer’s Gift Bag with “Wild & Free” wolf t-shirt
- Compassion Co. “Plant Eater” Gorilla t-shirt
- Fro Bo dog water dish with freeze core
- Two 5lb bags of V-dog vegan dog kibble
- Black Murano Glass Heart Pendant with organza cord + Bronze Black Enamel Kitty Earrings with gold trim
- Silver Plated Chain Necklace with Tibetan Silver and Blue Crystal Kitty Pendant + Sterling Silver Cat Earrings
- “Vegan Holiday Cooking from Candle Café” cookbook
- “Chloe’s Vegan Italian Kitchen” cookbook
- “Uncooking with RawRose: Your Guide to Raw Foods” book by Rose Vasilé
- Autographed “We Animals” book by Jo-Anne McArthur
- Limited First Run Edition “Cowspiracy” film DVD
- “Ghosts in Our Machine” film DVD
- Deep Relaxation Guided Meditation with Deb Ozarko digital download
Thank you to the raffle prize and volunteer appreciation donors:
A.U.M Films and First Spark Media, Animal Voices, Association for the Protection of Fur Bearing Animals, Beanfield’s Snacks, Casualty Foods, Choices Markets, Compassion Co., Deb Ozarko, Denise Swanson, Earthsave Canada, Eternal Abundance, Everyday Superfoods, Fairy Cakes, Feed Life, Granola Girl, Graze restaurant, HotHuck’s VeggieFoods, Liz Marshall, Me & You Body, Nice Shoes, Parthenon Supermarket, Tera V Burger, V-dog, Vega, Yvonne Chin, and Zimt Artisan Chocolate.